Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Speaking of Anthropologie


Anthropologie has some really cute China Cabinet Clocks which sell for about $188 a piece. But the beauty is, they would be incredibly easy to make! Any thrift store has tons of fun, antique looking dishes that sell for about a dollar a piece.

I made a couple of simple clocks in my shop class back in middle school, so it can't be hard. (I mean I had braces, a she-mullet and zero confidence.)

You can find the clock parts at Michaels or Hobby Lobby for about $5 http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?dep=50&cat=92&subcat=10&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&ItemId=120274

I'll make one in a couple weeks and post the process.

1 comment:

  1. crazy awesome idea ladies! I'm all about this. Keep the posts coming! Um, pics of my room and what you can do with a hammer, plywood, and thrift stores. the yellow chairs were 8 dollars each from savers!
    :)
    I'm already in love with this blog!

    ReplyDelete